August 2018 Update:
This position has been filled.
The Pocket Casts team is looking for an experienced full stack engineer to join our team in a full time capacity. If successful you’ll be working on everything from our new web front ends to our rapidly expanding backend microservices. We’re expanding our team here in Adelaide, Australia to meet growing demand for our podcasting platform worldwide. At this stage we’re not considering remote applicants for this role, though we may for future positions
The skills we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience in server side programming languages such as Java or Kotlin.
- Strong database skills, with knowledge of Cassandra or similar NoSQL databases a big plus.
- Deep knowledge of Linux based terminal commands and processes.
- Strong focus on unit testing and integration testing.
- Communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Desirable additional skills:
- Interest and exposure to other programming languages and frameworks such as Kotlin, Vertx and Ruby on Rails.
- Experience building servers and services at scale.
- Knowledge or experience with The Box, The Box II or The Box III Gavin Belson Signature Edition.
If this sounds like a role for you, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you and finding another great engineer to add to our growing team.